The Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia is offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship Program Academic Year 2019/2020 to students from several countries including Vietnam.
In this one year scholarship program, students will study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), as well as Indonesian arts and culture. Students have the opportunity to choose one of 71 universities in which the awardees will attend.
- Online registration - 1 January 2019 until 1 March 2019
- Interview at related Indonesian Embassy/Indonesian Consulate General - 4 March 2019 until 15 March 2019
- Selection by the University (online) - 18 March 2019 until 3 April 2019
- Announcement - 10 April 2019
- Attendance confirmation - 10 April 2019 until 30 April 2019
- Final Announcement - 6 May 2019
- Flight itinerary confirmation - 7 May 2019 until 1 August 2019
- Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia - 28 August 2019
- Orientation program at Jakarta, Indonesia - 29 until 30 August 2019
This schedule may change any time
QUALIFICATIONS OF STUDENTS
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia, Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable (Language certificate is not a mandatory)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate (medical checkup result)
- Have basic knowledge of the field you're applying
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you're applying (if applicable)
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
The registration form, along with all supporting documents, should be submitted online to the aforementioned website no later than 1 March 2019.
Applicants with uncompleted documents will not be able to proceed to the interview session.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Ho Chi Minh City would sort the application form and all its supporting documents. The selected candidates are to take an interview session in the Consulate General and proceed to other test that will be conducted by the appointed university.