The Korean Ministry of Education (KMOE) and Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) have launched a scholarship program for ASEAN faculty members: Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT) . HEAT scholarship program aims to invite faculty members from ASEAN higher education institutions to support their acquisition of a doctoral degree in Korea with the aim to enhance their expertise and promote people-to-people exchanges between Korea and ASEAN.
- Applicants with ASEAN citizenship
- Applicants who are academic faculty members at 4-year college/university in their home country
- Applicants whose highest educational attainment is a master’s degree or its equivalent
- Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow them to pursue their studies
- Applicants who have discussed an academic leave of absence with the university they belong to and how to contribute to their school after their return
- Applicants who are younger than 45 years old on the day that the doctoral program starts
- Applicants who have a sufficient level of proficiency in Korean or English
- Applicants who meet each university’s additional requirements
- Roundrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class flight ticket
- Monthly allowance: 1,100 USD per month
- Relocation (settlement) allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
- Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 400-600 USD, depending on the actual cost
- Language Training Costs and Medical Insurance: the amount of coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university
- Other Costs: Various incidental allowances depending on each university
- All grants will be paid in KRW and the amount may vary depending on the exchange rate
- Form 1. Permission for Study Leave
- Form 2. Applicant Agreement
- Form 3. Personal Medical Assessment
- Original Certificate of Bachelor's and Master's Degree and each transcript
- Certificate of Employment
- Applicant's Proof of Citizenship Documents
Place of submission: University Admissions office
Applicants are to submit applications by airmail or online to one of the six designated universities directly.
Deadline of Submission
2022. 4. 8.
Ewha Womans University
2022. 3. 18.
Jeonbuk National University
2022. 3. 14. ~ 3. 25.
Kangwon National University
2022. 3. 2. ~ 3. 11.
2022. 3. 7 ~ 3. 25.
Kyung Hee University
2022. 3. 18.
More information is available on the official website www.heatscholar.kr
The online orientation session named “Changing yourself to adapt to the university environment" is held to promptly support students to rearrange their learning and skill training strategies in accordance with their own capacity to get better study results at university. The program is hosted by the Center for Student Consultancy and Startup in collaboration with the CTU Youth Union and Department of Student Affairs on December 20, 2021. The program had the participation of special guests who are experienced lecturers and administrators of CTU.
*Associate Prof. TRAN CAO DE: Director of Center for Student Consultancy and Startup
*MA. DUONG THI TUYEN: Chairman of CTU Labor Union
*Dr. NGUYEN THANH TUONG: Head of Department of Student Assistance
*MA. NGUYEN THI PHUONG THAO: Deputy Director of Center for Student Consultancy and Startup
*Mr. HUYNH PHUC LOC: Vice - Secretary of School's Youth Union, CTU
The program was broadcast live on the Fanpage of the Center at the link: https://fb.watch/a35Bb6XlWX/.
There are some useful tips for students:
With the first question “How to integrate yourself into a new learning environment?”, Ms. Tuyen said that:
- There will be a lot of changes as they head to college from high school, including how they study. Students must get used to preparing a study plan by themselves.
- Determining their orientation is a very important thing that will help they head in the right direction in the future.
According to Mr.De:
- When students find out the requirements of each course carefully, they can build themselves a reasonable list of courses which are suitable for their progress.
- Manage their time to understand the registration plan, calculate and prepare computers, phones, and wifi to register for the course in the most convenient way.
Then, to answer the questions about training points, Mr. Loc wants to share that: Extracurricular activities are the perfect environment for getting training points, improving yourself, and developing soft skills.
Final, in the opinion of Mr. Tuong, students must determine their learning methods:
- Learning carefully and grasping the things which are related to their interests will help students to absorb a lot of new knowledge.
- Depending on the conditions, circumstances, and capacity, each student must take the initiative to arrange the time frame to go to school, work, participate in activities, etc.
The contest "Understanding ASEAN and Korean cultures" is organized by the Youth Union of Can Tho University to welcome the Youth Union Congress at all levels. The contest will be held from Dec 07, 2021 to Feb 14, 2022 through a series of three contests: “Colors of Korean – Vietnamese cuisine”, “Viet Nam – My Homeland”, and "Understanding ASEAN and Korean cultures".
Purposes of the Contest:
♥ To propagate and raise student awareness about the culture of ASEAN countries and Korea; towards the 55th anniversary of the establishment of ASEAN (August 8, 1967 - August 8, 2022).
♥ To help students get deeper understanding about the role and importance of building the ASEAN community, to raise their awareness of being an ASEAN citizen; thereby self-equipping with knowledge and skills to be ready to work and live in the ASEAN community.
Students who are studying at Can Tho University. Depending on each contest, students can participate individually or in groups of up to 3 members
Note: Members of the Organizing Committee and the Judges Board are not allowed to participate in the contest
1.The “Colors of Korean – Vietnamese cuisine” contest:
- Timeline: from Dec 07, 2021 to Dec 31, 2021
- Participants: individual or group up to 3 members
2. The “Viet Nam – My Homeland” contest:
- Timeline: from Jan 01, 2022 to Jan 31, 2022
- Participants: individual
3. The "Understanding ASEAN and Korean cultures" contest:
- Individual online contest on website: aseankorea.ctu.edu.vn
- Timeline: from Feb 01, 2022 to Feb 14, 2022
- Participants: individual
To get more details please visit the website: https://yu.ctu.edu.vn/thong-bao/1554-tim-hieu-vh-asean-han-quoc.html
The "Science and Entrepreneurship Coffee Talk" is a series of talk show held by the Youth Union of CTU in collaboration with Department of Science Research Affairs and Center for Student Consultancy and Startup in order to provide students with necessary information related to scientific research and entrepreneurship. The two talkshows on November 26, 2021 and December 5, 2021 came back in the form of a livestream on the fanpage of the Youth Union - Student Union to adapt to the safety for participants from the COVID-19 pandemic. The programs have attracted a large number of hits, view and shares from students.
Special guests of the talks are invited from experts, researchers, lecturers and alumni of Can Tho university, who have experiences in researching and supervising students to study or get awards in the field of researching and innovating.
Talk 1: " Developing and Implementing Research Ideas from Young Lecturers and Students"
Watch the Talk again at: https://www.facebook.com/CTU.Youth/videos/196696902649028
Talk 2: How to do research on Social Sciences and Linguistics fields
Watch the Talk again at: https://www.facebook.com/CTU.Youth/videos/1870901246632394